Have you heard about a magical fruit which contains a large number of healthy fats that can in fact benefit your body in numerous ways? Recently, the avocados have gained recognition in the healthy lifestyle community. This article talks about this unique fruit and the ways by which it can keep all your health issues aside.
- What is this unique fruit?
Avocado is a pear-shaped fruit which grows on a tropical tree. They are green in color, rough in texture and contain a big seed inside them. They are also known as alligator pear or butter fruit and contain healthy fats with less to no cholesterol.
- Given below are some of the reasons why this fruit should be made a part of your diet:
Super Fruit: –
They are very rich in vitamins, minerals, nutrients and healthy fats. It is a known fact that healthy fats help to reduce weight and promote metabolism. Making avocados a part of your balanced and healthy diet will not only reduce weight but also keep you full for a longer time and it can be used as a substitute for products like butter.
Dental Care: –
Bad breath is usually caused by an upset stomach and due to the build-up of bacteria in your mouth. Avocados can help to kill the bacteria, remove bad breath and even help to prevent oral cancer.
Skin Care: –
Avocados can be applied in the form of skin and hair masks. Being rich in nutrients, they help to soothe uneven, chapped or damaged skin and hair. They are especially helpful for people suffering from chronic skin diseases.
Anti-oxidant properties: –
Being rich in vitamins, avocados have anti-oxidant properties. They have anti-cancer properties too and reduce premature aging. They improve vision and protect our eyes from diseases like cataract and age-related eye conditions.
Other benefits: –
They reduce morning sickness in pregnant mothers, keep the kidney and liver healthy, reduce the chances of diseases like arthritis, make your bones stronger, maintain the blood-glucose level and promote a healthy heart.
- Some ways to incorporate avocado as a part of your diet: –
- They can be consumed directly.
- Avocados can be made a part of your salad. They can be consumed along with onions, tomatoes, and lettuce. Adding salt, pepper, lime juice and boiled meat along is also a good option.
- Chopped avocado can be used as a dressing over soups.
- Eating too many avocados can, in fact, be dangerous for your body, read the points below to understand that they should be consumed within a given limit: –
- Avocados are rich in potassium. Consuming one too many avocados can increase the potassium levels in your body which can be dangerous for the heart.
- Some people feel nauseous and vomit after consuming too many avocados.
- They are even known to cause a migraine in some people.
Don't be afraid of the side-effects. This fruit has many benefits and consuming it in a given limit will definitely make you healthier in every aspect.